When your team is logging calls to Salesforce (with or without Groove's Dialer), the results of these calls get mapped back to Salesforce. You can configure where theses call results will be found in Salesforce.
Option 1 (Default): Use the native 'Call Result' field in SFDC
By default, Groove logs 'Call Result' to the native 'Call Result' (Field name: CallDisposition) field in SFDC.
By default, the Call Status (Conversation vs. No Conversation), as well as the Conversation Outcome get paired together in one field, Call Result. In this case, the Call Status is 'Conversation' and the Conversation Outcome is 'Call in 3 months' but the Conversation Outcome will be displayed in Salesforce.
Option 2: Map to activity custom fields
You can also have the Call Status and Conversation Outcome mapped back to separate fields in Salesforce so that you can run reports on Conversation vs. No Conversation, and reports on the Conversation Outcomes themselves.
In order to set this up, you will need to do the following:
- In Salesforce, navigate to Setup | Customize | Activity Custom Fields
- Create 2 picklist Activity Custom Fields; we recommend naming them "Call Status" and "Conversation Outcome"
- Make sure Restrict picklist to the values defined in the value set. is unchecked
- Click here to refresh your SFDC data if you just created these fields
- Go here.
- Make sure 'Display the field "Call Results" in the call log window' is checked
- Choose the fields you just created in Salesforce for Call Status and Conversation Outcome
Now when your team logs calls, the status and outcome will be mapped back to these two newly created fields:
Adding Custom Values
If you would like to add to the Conversation Outcome fields that are shown while logging a call, you can do that by going here and clicking 'Add New' under 'Conversation Outcome':