Unresolved items are emails a user sent or received that were automatically logged in Salesforce (via Groove) but no related Salesforce record was found. Please make sure you are familiar with the concept of Groove's unresolved items.
Note: Groove will create a different type of "unresolved item" than what Salesforce calls Unresolved Item. Groove will still create an actual Task record but the fields "Name" and "Related to" will be blank on that record - thus the Task record is not added to any activity history. Users can view all their "Groove Unresolved Items" in a dedicated Visualforce page.
Groove can be configured so that certain users (called Unresolved Items Agents) can manage the unresolved items of other users (these users are called Unresolved Items Clients). Unresolved Items Agents can:
- view the unresolved items of their Unresolved Items Clients
- assign them to contacts and leads or any other object that has an activity history
- delete the unresolved items and add the sender/recipient to the Unresolved Items Client's blacklist
In order to make a user an Unresolved Items Agent follow these steps:
- Go to Setup | Manage Users | Users
- Find the respective user and click Edit in order to modify the user record
- Activate the checkbox of the field Is Unresolved Items Agent. This field will only be visible if you changed the field level security of this field t be visible by your user profile. You might also have to add this field to the page layout first.
- Hit Save
Note: for security reasons the field "Is Unresolved Items Agent" should only be editable by system administrators. Double check that your field level security settings are configured respectively.
After completing these steps, the Unresolved Items Agent will now find an extra menu in the page Unresolved Items which allows them to access other users' unresolved items.
But these other users must first authorize the Unresolved Items Agent. In order to authorize an Unresolved Items Manager to access your unresolved items follow these steps.
- Go to Setup | My Personal Information | Personal Information
- Click Edit in order to modify your own user record
- Find the field My Unresolved Items Agent and put the name of your Unresolved Items Agent (you might have to add this field to the page layout first).
- Hit Save
These steps can also be automated by using a data manipulation tools such as Apex Data Loader (populate the field My Unresolved Items Agent with the user-ID of the Unresolved Items Agent).