Important: You must have been provisioned a Dialer license by your admin before you will be able to set it up.
Setting Your Phone Number
- Go to your Dialer Settings
- Either verify your own personal phone number, or get a Groove phone number for the country you'd like a number for:
Verified Phone Number vs. Groove Phone Number
- If you're using a Groove phone number, all inbound calls made back to that number from your prospects will ring your Dialer on your browser window.
- If you're only using a Verified phone number, inbound calls made to that number would not ring your Groove Dialer; they would ring your phone directly. Additionally, because these inbound calls do not ring your Groove Dialer, those calls do not automatically log to SFDC. You can still manually log them to SFDC at any time.
- Note: You can verify a phone number, and also use a Groove Phone number, if you'd like to switch the Caller ID on your Dialer between the two.
Additional Dialer Options
Important: If you make any changes to the settings below, make sure to Reload your Groove Dialer to ensure the changes are saved:
Caller ID: Set your Groove Caller ID to either your Groove phone number, or your Verified phone number
Bridge Dialing: With this enabled, all calls made through your dialer will first ring your personal phone, which you can answer, and then it will dial out to the person you originally called. These calls will show your prospect the number that you've set in the Caller ID. Your Bridge number will match your Verified number if you have one; if not, you can enter a different phone number.
Forwarding Number: This is the number that you can have inbound calls forwarded to. For example, if someone calls your Groove Dialer number back, and you're not on your computer to receive the call, it will be forwarded to your Forwarding Number to ensure you have a chance to take the call. Your Forwarding number will match your Verified number if you have one; if not, you can enter a different phone number.