Automated Actions in Groove allow you to define triggers that will cause certain actions to take place — and once they’re set up, you don’t have to lift a finger. Let’s take a closer look at what you can do with Automated Actions.
- On Import: Execute an action on everyone who is imported into a Flow
- On Reply: Execute an action whenever someone replies to an email in your Flow
- On Bounce: Execute an action whenever an email bounces from your Flow
- On Complete: Execute an action whenever someone completes your entire Flow
- On Salesforce Update: Execute an action when any custom or standard fields in Salesforce change (note, this action can take up to 2 hours to trigger)
- On Opened [x] times: Execute an action when a person in your Flow opens the emails in your Flow [x] times
- On Clicked [x] times: Execute an action when a person in your Flow clicks a link in the emails in your Flow [x] times
- On Attachment Opened [x] times: Execute an action when a person in your Flow opens an attachment in the emails in your Flow [x] times
- On meeting booked (beta): Execute an action when a meeting is detected in Salesforce for this lead/contact
- Update a Salesforce field
- Add a Salesforce Task
- Remove from Flow
- Remove Everyone in the Account From the Flow
- Add Them to a Flow
Setting up your Automated Actions
- Click into any of your Flows, and navigate over to the Automated Actions section
- Click '+ Add an Action'
- Choose a trigger based on when you want your action to take place, specify your action, and include any related details. It’s that easy!
Things to consider with Automated Actions
The below sections describe a few detailed use cases for Automated Actions, with explanations on how to make sure your Automated Actions are configured and running correctly.
'On Meeting Booked' requires Calendar Sync
The 'On meeting booked' automated action works by scanning Salesforce for any new meetings with the lead/contact you have in your Flow.
This means the automated action will work with meetings you book via Groove scheduler or directly from Google Calendar, so long as your calendar sync is on, and the meeting is logged in Salesforce to the same lead/contact you have in your Flow.
Please note, this functionality is fully dependent on the meeting/event on being synced to the correct lead/contact in Salesforce, and it may not always work. Here are some scenarios that would prevent the 'On meeting booked' automated action from triggering:
- You don't have Groove calendar sync on, and the meeting/event on your Google calendar was never synced back to Salesforce. Solution: Turn on your Groove calendar sync by following the instructions here.
- The person that booked the meeting with you used a different email address than the one you have in Salesforce.
Auto move contacts/leads based on SFDC ownership change (Master Flows only)
There are certain scenarios where you might want to have leads/contacts re-assigned based on ownership changing in Salesforce, and that can be done using the above automated action.
Note: Both users need to have this master Flow shared with them in order for this action to work.
Updating Opportunity Fields Via Automated Actions
Important: In order to use any Automated Actions which update fields on your Opportunities, you must import the contacts via an Advanced Search on Opportunities + Contacts, or a SFDC report on Opportunities. Otherwise, Groove won't know which specific opportunities you're looking to update, since contacts can be related to multiple opportunities. Additionally, because these actions causes automatic update to opportunities, Groove will not assume or try to infer which opportunity you're trying to update.