When reaching out to people via Flows, you may sometimes receive an out of office message from your prospects. In these cases, you can pause a person within your Flow until a day that you choose. The benefits of using this are:
- A paused person will not progress in your Flow until the date that you set, or until you manually resume them. Therefore, if you have automatic email steps within your flow, a paused person would not receive those automated emails before they've been resumed.
- A paused person will not be "Due" until the date that you set, or until you manually resume them. Therefore, they will not show up while you are working on reaching out to the rest of the people due in your flow steps.
Here's how you can pause people within your Flow:
- If you open up an out of office message from someone that is active in one of your Flows, you can open the Omnibar, and navigate to the Flows tab
- Hover over the name of the Flow you'd like to pause them in, and click on the pause icon
- Choose a date to pause them until, and click the checkbox to save!
Now, this person is paused until the date that you’ve set. You can resume them at any point if you decide you’d like to follow up before they’re due again, by clicking the play button within the Omnibar:
Additionally, you can check the People section of the flow to see who is currently paused, and also resume them in Groove:
No need to keep track in a spreadsheet or elsewhere of who is currently out of the office, just pause them from your Omnibar and move on to the next prospect!