Groove's integration with Microsoft Outlook allows you track when your prospects open your emails, log your activity to Salesforce automatically, and view/edit Salesforce records directly from your inbox, among other helpful tools.
*Note: If your team is transitioning from using G-Suite to Microsoft 365, please reach out to your CSM before setting up Groove in Outlook, so that our team can help with migrating your Groove accounts.
Requirements for using Groove in Microsoft Outlook
- Your Salesforce admin must first install Groove's Managed Package
- You must have a Microsoft 365 account, a Salesforce account, and (at least) a Groove Core License
Supported Microsoft Outlook Versions
- Microsoft Office 365
Supported Microsoft Outlook Clients
- Windows Users: Outlook desktop application, and Outlook web client on Google Chrome
- Mac Users: Outlook web client on Google Chrome
Installing the Groove add-in
As mentioned above, you can use the Groove add-in in both the web client for Outlook, or on the Outlook desktop application. However, we recommend installing the add-in on the web. Once it is installed, it is not necessary to install it on the Outlook desktop application again; it will automatically show up there as well once you close and re-open it! Additionally, we recommend using Google Chrome as the Groove web-application is optimized for Google Chrome.
- Sign into your Outlook account here
- Open an email thread
- Click the 3 dots, scroll to the bottom and click Get Add-ins
4. Navigate to My add-ins, scroll to the bottom, and select "Add a custom add-in". Then select "Add from URL..."
5. Enter the following URL: https://addin.grooveapp.com/manifest.xml and click OK.
6. Go back to your inbox, open a thread, and click the 3 dots. You should now see at the bottom an item called Groove Add-in. Follow the directions below to finish setting up your account!
Setting up your Groove account
- In any email thread, click the 3 dots on the right hand side. At the bottom, click Groove Add-in
2. You should now see Groove open on the right hand side of your screen. Click Get Started, and sign in with your work email address
3. Next, click Sign into Salesforce to connect your Salesforce account to Groove
4. Recommended: Enable Email Open tracking, and Link Click tracking
- With Email Open tracking, you'll get notified every time someone opens one of your emails
- With Link Click, tracking, you'll get notified every time someone clicks on a link in your emails
*Email Tracking is described in more detail in the next guides for users getting started
5. Recommended: Auto-log all emails. With this enabled, Groove will automatically log all inbound and outbound emails to Salesforce, and relate them appropriately to the correct lead, contact, account, and/or opportunity. This also includes any emails you are sending from other devices such as your mobile phone!
6. Always remember to Send with Groove
Your Groove add-in is now set up and connected properly to Salesforce; read the next article in the Getting Started (below) series to get the most out of your Groove. Don't forget - if you're on Windows, you can open and use the add-in on both Outlook web, and the Outlook desktop application. If you prefer to use that, feel free to jump there now while you check out the rest of the user guides.
2. Recommended Tricks and Tips for your Outlook Inbox
3. Tracking Emails for Opens, Clicks and Replies
4. Inserting Templates in your Outlook emails
5. Sending and Logging your Outlook Emails to Salesforce
6. Salesforce context in your Outlook Inbox
7. Groove Flows - Personalized communication at scale