When manually logging emails (vs. using Email Sync), you will have to select each email individually and choose to log them.
Now, with Enhanced Manual Logging, we are introducing a new option within manual logging to 'Log This Thread.' By using this option, all emails subsequent to the email selected within a thread, will be logged!
How it works:
- For outbound emails, you will open the logging menu, and check the checkbox: Log this Thread. All emails that are sent or received in this thread will be logged.
- For inbound emails, you will open the logging menu, and check the checkbox: Log this Thread. It will log the selected email and all emails subsequent to that.
- If it is an existing thread, it will NOT log emails prior to the one selected. If you want to log every email, select 'Log this Thread' from the first email in the thread.
- When a thread is already being logged on an outbound message, the 'Log this Thread' checkbox will be greyed out and the Groove bar will say "Thread Logged"
- When a thread is already being logged on in inbound message, the 'Log this Thread' checkbox will be greyed out.
Important things to note:
- When logging a thread, the first email will be logged via the extension and will appear in Salesforce immediately. But, the subsequent emails will all be logged via Groove Engine which syncs with Salesforce and that process can take up to 10 minutes, so if there are existing emails in a thread when it is logged it may take up to 10 minutes to appear in Salesforce. The same thing will happen with new emails as well.