With the Groove Omnibar, you can view, update, and even create Salesforce records directly from Gmail! In addition, you can view a record's activity history, write quick notes, and also add your contacts and leads directly to your Groove Flows.
Read more below to learn how to use the Omnibar's advanced features.
Use the search bar at the top of your Omnibar to find any Salesforce contact, lead, account, opportunity, or custom object that you're looking for details on.
Omnibar in Flow
In the new Groove interface, now you have access to the power of Omnibar directly from your Flow worksteps!
Opening Omnibar in a new window
Open Omnibar in its own window and place it wherever you’d like. Use Omnibar within Gmail and Flow as before, and it will now also automatically update based on the page you’re browsing in Salesforce!
No need to limit yourself to Gmail, Flow, and Salesforce while using your Omnibar; take it to a company website to quickly create contacts, leads, or accounts!
Note: This feature is enabled upon request. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you'd like to start using your Omnibar in a new window.
While browsing through Activity History for a contact, lead, or account, you’ll see the rate at which they’ve opened, clicked, and replied to your emails.
The summary stats at the top show you their overall engagement with your emails, or scroll down to see how many times each email has been opened or clicked.
What can I do with this information?
- Understand which messages pique your contacts’ interests so you can optimize future emails
- Pinpoint where you’re getting less engagement so you can try a different approach
- Learn which specific emails are gaining the most traction, so you know which templates to build on, reuse or share with your team
Are your notes on prospects and companies in a few different places (and some probably never make it into Salesforce)? Do you ever need to jot something down during a cold call? Use the Omnibar notes feature in Omnibar to quickly write information wherever you’re working, and they’ll sync back to Salesforce so the whole team can view and update them!
With your Omnibar popped out, take your Omnibar to Twitter or another source to capture relevant information to use while reaching out:
Tips for putting your notes to good use:
- Follow up with a relevant and powerful email
- Share key points with your teammates so that everyone is on the same page
- Read the notes as a reminder for follow up action
Note: In order to view and edit these notes directly in Salesforce, you'll need to put the field called "Groove Notes" on the Page Layouts for Contacts, Leads, and Accounts. Please contact email@example.com if you have any questions on this!
The Power of your Omnibar
The advanced features above allow you to get much more flexible with using all the Salesforce data that is most relevant to you. Below is a quick example of how you can put these to use!
- Take your Omnibar to a company’s website
- Use the search bar to find that account in Salesforce, or create the account on the spot
- Jump into the account to view and update any notes on it
- View the Activity History and engagement metrics to check how warm the account is
Additionally, the Omnibar displays your prospect's LinkedIn Sales Navigator profile along with the Salesforce and Groove data, so that you have comprehensive intel readily available to you while you're reaching out to clients.